Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Differentiate similar values from different id in bar chart

Hello Folks,

I have a column where there are similar values for different ids. For Example, Please have a look at the table below:

Client

Client_Id

User_id

Name

Data

Samsung

John Smith

Apple

John Smith

Nokia

Katie Bond

Blackberry

Kattie Bond

Now, when I want to visualise the count of data for each user on the bar chart, what happens is John Smith's & Kattie bond's data gets clustered in single bar chart with different colors, as I am using client Name as legend in the visualisation. 

What I want to see is, separate bars for each individual user in the bar chart.

Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think your visual is as below. When you add Client name into legend, Power BI will divide values with Client group by different colors.

1.png

If you want the bar show same color for each user, you can change data colors in visual format. By this way, you need to make sure that there is no same clients in for differents users. For example: John has Apple and Samsung, so you can change them to blue. But if Katie has Apple or Samsung as well, it is not a good idea.

2.png

Or you can remove the client Name from legend in the visualisation and add user name into legend.

3.png

Power BI doesn't support you to use conditional formatting if you add columns in legend.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think your visual is as below. When you add Client name into legend, Power BI will divide values with Client group by different colors.

1.png

If you want the bar show same color for each user, you can change data colors in visual format. By this way, you need to make sure that there is no same clients in for differents users. For example: John has Apple and Samsung, so you can change them to blue. But if Katie has Apple or Samsung as well, it is not a good idea.

2.png

Or you can remove the client Name from legend in the visualisation and add user name into legend.

3.png

Power BI doesn't support you to use conditional formatting if you add columns in legend.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you have both of them in axis you can use color measure for the user.

Refer the power bi part, how to use conditional formatting in such a case -Bar/Clustered Bar: https://youtu.be/2P5BBRN853c

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.