Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different table visualizations, possible to hide values when no value is selected?

Hi all,

I have several table visuals with multiple columns, they are cross filtered. So when I select one record of one table, the other tables will filter based on that record (based on ID number). However, when no record is selected, all records will show up. I want to use 1 table as a slicer, but then in a table visual. Is this possible?

What I want to achieve is very similar to this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Empty-table-with-a-slicer/td-p/40021 Except I dont have a slicer visual, so this doesn't work for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

It is able to hide the values of other tables when no value is selected in the slicer table. However the column names of other tables will always be displayed.

Please refer to following sample:

Like your shared thread, create a measure:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[ID]),BLANK(),50)

Put it in the visual level filter and set the option Show items when the value to is blank => Apply filter.

1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

It is able to hide the values of other tables when no value is selected in the slicer table. However the column names of other tables will always be displayed.

Please refer to following sample:

Like your shared thread, create a measure:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[ID]),BLANK(),50)

Put it in the visual level filter and set the option Show items when the value to is blank => Apply filter.

1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xjiin-msft,

Is it possible to hide the column names (ID, Val) as well for the above scenario?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much! This solution is exactly what I was looking for 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.