Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Different slicer for dynamic percent change

Hi,

I'm new with Power BI and I want your help. I have some cards with values inside. I saw in others pages how to do the dynamic percent change and I have these formulas:

Exports Last = CALCULATE([Total Exports]; FILTER(Date; Date[Date] = MIN(Date[Date])))

Exports New = CALCULATE([Total Exports]; FILTER(Date; Date[Date] = MAX(Date[Date])))

Exports % Change = DIVIDE(Exports New; Exports Last; 0) - 1

So, when I put Exports % Change on a card it shows me the change without problems as soon as I choose two different years in a slicer with multiple selecting.  Now, I want to do the same but with two slicers, one for choose the new value and other one for the last and that card of Exports % Change still keep working.

Thanks for read me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

The two date slicers come from the same table, right? If it is, please create a new table including the same date column. Create another slicer from the new table. If the two slicers including field in different table, it will work. Please try and check if it is successful.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Based on my understanding, you create two slicers, and create three cards. Connect the one including [Exports Last] to the slicer for the last, connect [exports New] to the slicer for choose the new value by clicking the Edit interactions. Please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG
If you select the funnel button(highlighted in yellow background), it means the slicer can affect the card visual. If you select the circle button(highlighted in red line), slicer can not affect the card visual. 

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi,

Yes I have two slicers and three cards. I did like you told me. I connect the first slicer to the first card [Exports Last] and the second slicer to the second one card [Exports New] and every one slicer only affect its respective caard. But what I do with the thrid card [Exports % Change]? Even when I select 2015 for new value and 2014 for last value the card reamains in 0,0%.

I tried with the two slicers affecting the thrid card and one one doing that but still dosent works. Thanks again!.

Hi @AlejandroPCar

You can also set the relationship between three cards.  If this still not solve your issue, do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi, @v-huizhn-msft

My .pbix file es too large so I hope this will help. The first photo is for the new value slicer and the second one is for the last value slicer. But the card in the middle (the change) still dosent works.

The formulas are:

Exportaciones Hoy = CALCULATE([Exportaciones Total]; FILTER(Tiempo; Tiempo[Fecha] = MAX(Tiempo[Fecha]))) <- New Value

Exportaciones Ayer = CALCULATE([Exportaciones Total]; FILTER(Tiempo; Tiempo[Fecha] = MIN(Tiempo[Fecha]))) <- Last Value

Exportaciones % Var = DIVIDE([Exportaciones Hoy]; [Exportaciones Ayer]; 0) - 1 <- Change

The month slicer has the same relationships as the year slicer.The month slicer has the same relationships as the year slicer.

The month slicer has the same relationships as the year slicer.The month slicer has the same relationships as the year slicer.

Thanks for read and help me!

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

The two date slicers come from the same table, right? If it is, please create a new table including the same date column. Create another slicer from the new table. If the two slicers including field in different table, it will work. Please try and check if it is successful.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi! @v-huizhn-msft

Thanks a lot! It works very well... but...

First I duplicate the date table, but it didnt works. So, I tried duplicating also the values table (Exports) and It works pretty good with every exports table with their respective date table. But thats the problem, the data is too large and my pbix file is too too too large now.

So, how I did is the correct way? or... there is a less painful way to do?

But, It works! Thanks very much again!.

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

I really understand you, I will post the update if I have better solution.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors