Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WilliamAzevedo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Different shapes for different data

Hi, everyone.

I've created a simple database system for hazard information in my workspace and now i need to create reports to use as hazard maps.

In my system I have five color coded types of hazard and three degrees of it: small, medium and large. Since tje Access report tool seemed to be too complicated for me to achieve that, is it possible to make shapes which formatting represent the degree of risk (a small circle for small risk and so on) and it's corresponding color in Power BI?

Anotação 2022-11-04 120931.jpg

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
WilliamAzevedo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi.

If eventually it can help anyone else, I think I achieved the report design I needed.

As said before, I have 5 Types of Risk (Tipo), each type with 3 Degrees (Grau). I inserted one Pie visual to each risk possibility (total of 15) and created measures filtering risks by Degree (Risco Grande, Risco Médio and Risco Pequeno). Then I used the Risk (Risco) in the Legend field of the visual and the Risk Degree measure in Values, filtering by Type of Risk. Finally, inserted my slicers and it's working so far! I believe it's not as elegant as it could be, or even as I would like it to be (I have to set the Risk color manually by slice), but, it fullfills it's purpose.

Thank you @amitchandak for the input. Your suggestion was the spark I needed to do this!

Here's some screenshots of the result:

Anotação 2022-12-29 153117.jpg

Anotação 2022-12-29 154013.jpg

  

WilliamAzevedo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you for your reply @amitchandak!

I have to admit I'm stuck in the value I should associate. Since in this case I'm not dealing with numbers, but with categories, I really don't know where to begin from. Here's what would be my table:

Unidade (Location)Risco (Risk)Tipo (Type of Risk)Grau (Degree)
ALMOXARIFADOArranjo físico inadequadoAcidentePequeno
ALMOXARIFADOEletricidadeAcidenteGrande
ALMOXARIFADOPiso irregularAcidentePequeno
ALMOXARIFADOFungosBiológicoMédio
ALMOXARIFADOCalorFísicoMédio
Booster BarreirasEletricidadeAcidenteGrande
Booster BarreirasBactériasBiológicoPequeno
Booster BarreirasFungosBiológicoPequeno
Booster BarreirasRuídoFísicoGrande
Booster BarreirasPoeiraQuímicoGrande
BOOSTER GALHARDOFerramentas inadequdas ou defeituosasAcidentePequeno
BOOSTER GALHARDOVírusBiológicoMédio
BOOSTER GALHARDOIluminação inadequadaErgonômicoMédio
BOOSTER GALHARDOCalorFísicoGrande
BOOSTER GALHARDOCalorFísicoPequeno

As you can see, there are no numbers, I will use a segmenter to set the Location and then i need the circles (preferably) to describe the risks by color (Type of Risk) and size (Degree) of that Location.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.