Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different excel files as source!How to manage?

Hi,Composite_error

I have several reports in a power bi file (.pbix),and all of my reports have separate data source files (excel).I want to publish this but it does not allow me to do this and prompting error  "can't publish,because it includes composite model". Please help me to publish this  and also guide me how I can take sources (all excel files).

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi pundiv01,

I'm afraid you may wait for the Oct update. A same thread has been posted here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Publishing-Composite-Model/td-p/482858.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous

When you say all of your sources are excel, then your model is not composite unless you selected different storage mode. Could you please do this?

File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview Features, then select the composite models checkbox.

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its already been checked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit : Composite Models cant be published to power BI service while its in preview  as such. Please check the below post for work around.

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Check what makes your model is composite model. SInce all of your sources are imported model, i hope you may have included Many to Many relationship.

If thats the case , The work around is - remove the direct M:M joins and handle that scenio by including a relationship/ bridge table , that makes your model as non- composite model and you will be able to export this to Power BI Service.

Also, dont forget to uncheck the composite model preview and make sure the suorage method for all excel is set to import.

Useful Link : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-disable-Composite-models/idc-p/482033#M30066

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.