Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different data with scheduled refresh compared to manual upload

Hello together,

I don´t know how to solve this problem.

I have two measures to calculate the available hours per technician in our company. Against the available hours I get the booked hours per technician from the SQL server directly.

First: The available hours are correct and I refresh the dashboard in Power BI Desktop manually and upload it every day to Power BI Service. The available hours in Power BI Service are excactly the same as in Power BI Desktop, that should always be I think.

Now the scheduled refresh:

The gateway is online and the refresh works fine. The problem is, that the available hours are different from the available hours in Power BI Desktop. There has to be an error from Power BI, or not?

When a technician starts working from the first of March, the available hours should be in January and February zero. But this only is correct in Power BI Desktop witch manual upload to Power BI Service and it´s incorrect with the scheduled refresh (the technician there has available hours in January and February).

How is that possible?

Power BI Service (Technician: Marcel)Power BI Service (Technician: Marcel)Power BI Desktop (Technician: Marcel)Power BI Desktop (Technician: Marcel)

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ChristopherKa,

The measure you are using contains datatime variable, right? Power bi service uses UTC time while power bi desktop uses local time. That's why the difference occurs. Please refer to the similar thread.https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Difference-DateTime-between-Desktop-and-Service/m-p/291486

Hope this can help you.

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

thanks for your answer, but that doesn´t solve my problem.

The available hours when the technician starts on the first of May, should start on that day as well, but in Power BI Service the available hours are there from the first of January where he doesn´t worked already.

In Desktop it is correct, in Service not and that doesn´t depend on UTC time and local time...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.