Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JVidal
Helper I
Helper I

Different capitalization in Power Query and loaded data

Hi, 

I am seeing a problem when importing data where certain columns change capitalization when they are loaded into the report. I attach a screenshot with such case, where in Power Query I see one capitalization, but the imported data has different capitalization. In this report is crucial that I have the same capitalization.

Needless to say, I do NOT have any steps in the process that capitlizes the column

JVidal_0-1621932033409.png

I am using PowerBI Desktop for Report Server May 2020

2 REPLIES 2
JVidal
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

The problem is that I have several entries with the same text, but different capitalization. In Power Query I see the different capitalization, but once imported, everything has the same capitalization, which means some will be wrong.

My guess is that vertipaq stores the first occurrence of the cell and applies it to the other occurrences, regardless of the capitalization and this is causing the issue.

I am also on a Report Server On Premise, so no May 2021 update for me yet.

The issue you reported is exactely what is happening to me as well.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JVidal 

What kind of data source did you use to get the data?

I try to get "Dop No 14055" from Enter Data, Excel,SQL Server by Import mode, and all "Dop No 14055" show with correct capitalization.

1.png

Please check the version of your Power BI Desktop, the latest version is 2.93.641.0 64-bit (May 2021).

You can download the latest version by this link.

I found an issue like yours and I hope it could help you: Issue

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.