cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy19 Helper I
Helper I

Different averages in Power Query

Hi,

I need to create several columns for a graphics, for that I have to rotate these columns and therefore I have to create the columns with Power Query. I don't know the Dax code to create averages with Power Query. I need 2 different types of average. Average per player and position. And averages by characteristics if they are present or not in the two columns.

averages.PNG

Thanks a lot for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Different averages in Power Query

Hi @Jeremy19,

If you insist on Power Query, please refer to the demo in the attachment. You can get the code by double-clicking the steps.

Different-averages-in-Power-Query

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jeremy19,

If you insist on Power Query, please refer to the demo in the attachment. You can get the code by double-clicking the steps.

Different-averages-in-Power-Query

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Jeremy19 Helper I
Helper I

Thank you, that answers my question. But to rotate columns I am forced to use Power Query not?

Microsoft
Microsoft

Not exactly. Another way could be creating a new calculated table with DAX functions like summarize-function-dax. The details depend on the desired result. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors