Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BilboBaggins
Frequent Visitor

Different amount of rows from same SQL table

Hi!

I have a problem that I don't understand. 

If I just import the table, it shows 1796 rows in Power BI. Every row in the table are unique. (WRONG AMOUNT OF ROWS)

let
    Source = Sql.Databases("xxxxx.database.windows.net"),
    #"localization-sd-pilot-db" = Source{[Name="localization-sd-pilot-db"]}[Data],
    dbo_LocalizationItems = #"localization-sd-pilot-db"{[Schema="dbo",Item="LocalizationItems"]}[Data]
in
    dbo_LocalizationItems

But if I import the same table with SQL clause, it show 2304 rows. (CORRECT AMOUNT)

let
    Source = Sql.Database("xxxxx.database.windows.net", "zzzzz", [Query="SELECT [Id]#(lf)      ,[ExternalId]#(lf)  FROM [dbo].[LocalizationItems]", CreateNavigationProperties=false])
in
    Source

Isn't the first option supposed to give me the whole table? I have the latest version of Power BI desktop installed.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BilboBaggins,

I have made a table with some duplicate rows in sql server and import the table into power bi, but couldn't reproduce your issue, duplicate rows still exist in power bi on my side. Could you show a sample of table structure for further analysis?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BilboBaggins,

I have made a table with some duplicate rows in sql server and import the table into power bi, but couldn't reproduce your issue, duplicate rows still exist in power bi on my side. Could you show a sample of table structure for further analysis?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK, new day and fresh pair of eyes. 

The DB structure has changed, and I made the import and query from different databases. The tables were identically named and this lead to my confusion. So everything is working fine, the error code was PEBMAC. Robot LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.