Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Versions of Powerbi desktop and an on premise report server

My organization has purchased a on premise repoert server for powerbi projects. The reports I have created are in the newest version of the software that was available at the time (Dec 2019).

As it turns out, the on premise report server is only compatible with the Sept 2019 version. 

I have tried saving the file in the sept version but it still doesnt publish to the report server. Something about queries not being written in the same version creates an error.

How do I convert these files for the sept 2019 desktop so I can publish to the on premise report server?

any help is appreciated,

Luis

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

As far as I remember, there is version form for reporting server which typically few months behind.

refer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/install-powerbi-desktop

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I understand that. My question is how do I convert my pbix files so that they are compatible with the on prem report server that is a few months behind?

Thx

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.