Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mthirty
Frequent Visitor

Different User Experiences with Conditional Formatting Background Matrix

I am collaborating with another user on the creation of a report that conatins a matrix with one field that has background color conditional formatting applied. When the other user opens the report in desktop, he sees one set of rules within the background color dialog box. But, when I open the same file I see a different set of rules, yet the formatting within the matrix follow the rules on his screen. I've included screen shots below to illustrate the differences. I should also note that on my version, when I remove the formatting completely, the field still displays the formatting. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

The other user's screen:

The other user's screenThe other user's screen

My screen (note that the formatting of the 'By Location' visualization follows the rules on the other user's screen):

My screen with conditional formatting 'turned off'. The specific visualization is on the left, called 'By Location'My screen with conditional formatting 'turned off'. The specific visualization is on the left, called 'By Location'

My screen with conditional formatting "turned off", yet the formatting persists on the 'By Location' matrix.

My screenMy screen

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mthirty 

I test with the latest Power BI version. It works properly.

c3.png

c1.png

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@mthirty awesome, let me know how it goes? I hope updating the version fixes the issue.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mthirty wow this is new. Never seen this. First and foremost, you both using the same power bi version? CHeck on Help -> About

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Ah, good point! It looks like we have two different versions. I'll have the other user update to the newest version and test.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.