Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

juaninavarrete
Frequent Visitor

Different Dates Columns Same Slicer

Hi,

The scenario is that a I have a Fact tables that has 3 different columns with dates: Creation Date, Start Validity Date and End Validity Date. And I would like that in the same Slicer could choose with wich of this three diferents Fields I filter the data in the Report. ¿Does anyone has made something similar?

I am very gratefull for the help, it is my first post here in the community.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @juaninavarrete - you can create multiple relationships between your date/calendar table and the dates in the FACTtable (Creation Date, Start Validity Date, and End Validity Date), but the segmentation will work based on the active relationship.

In the following screenshot I have 2 relationships between FACT and the Calendar table - based on "Order Date" (Active) and "Expected Delivery Date" (Inactive)

Sumanth_23_0-1602014978520.png

The filter in the Date field will not be filtered based on the "Delivery date exepecada" as it is the inactive relationship

Slicer 1.png

Slicer 2.png

The filter in the Date field will be filtered based on the "Order Date" as it is the active relationship

Slicer 3.png

You can replicate and create 1 calendar table per date field, but you won't be able to control the filter in 3 columns with a single slicer

Mark the comment above as a solution to help others find it faster. Also please provide a 👍 if my comment helped resolve your issue. Thank you!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
juaninavarrete
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Sumanth_23 ! Ok, seems like the best way is to create three calendar tables, and create three slicers to each other.!

hi @juaninavarrete - Yes, that would be the best approach. Happy to help!

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @juaninavarrete - you can create multiple relationships between your date/calendar table and the dates in the FACTtable (Creation Date, Start Validity Date, and End Validity Date), but the segmentation will work based on the active relationship.

In the following screenshot I have 2 relationships between FACT and the Calendar table - based on "Order Date" (Active) and "Expected Delivery Date" (Inactive)

Sumanth_23_0-1602014978520.png

The filter in the Date field will not be filtered based on the "Delivery date exepecada" as it is the inactive relationship

Slicer 1.png

Slicer 2.png

The filter in the Date field will be filtered based on the "Order Date" as it is the active relationship

Slicer 3.png

You can replicate and create 1 calendar table per date field, but you won't be able to control the filter in 3 columns with a single slicer

Mark the comment above as a solution to help others find it faster. Also please provide a 👍 if my comment helped resolve your issue. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.