Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Zaeem7
Frequent Visitor

Different Conditional Formatting to different Measures selected through a slicer

I have created a Matrix chart and the Measures in it are getting dynamically selected using a slicer(seperate table with only Measure names). The DAX expression for the slicer table is: Measure Display =
IF (
HASONEVALUE ( 'Table2'[Measure] ),
SWITCH ( VALUES ( 'Table2'[Measure] ),
"Sales", [Sales Amt],
"Gross Profit", [Gross Profit Amt],
"Operating Profit", [Operating Profit Amt],
"Gross margin",FORMAT( [Gross Margin Amt], "Percent"),
"OP%",FORMAT([OP%],"Percent")
)
)

Now, i have selected this Measure Display into Values in my Matrix chart which is being displayed through the selection done on slicer.  But as this is the only field, how can i apply different rules of conditional formatting to different Measures selected through the slicers. Please help

Thanks!

Zaeem

5 REPLIES 5
Sergiy
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Zaeem7 ,

>But as this is the only field, how can i apply different rules of conditional formatting to different Measures selected through the slicers. Please help

Here is an example of how it can be achieved:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vo6hvn7fdt1n8j/CompositeMeasureConditionalFormatting.pbix?dl=0

1.png

Is it what you were after?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar issue. I used the next solution:
1. I added several matrix tables and several buttons.
2. Created bookmarks for every matrix
3. Added action to buttons.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Zaeem7,

No. It is not available to apply different rules of conditional formatting to different Measures depend on slicer selection.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks for the confirmation.

Can you also please suggest other way around to represent Matrix Chart with Dynamic Measure's selection as per which Measure user wants to see and also the capability to apply different Conditional Formatting to each Measures.

Please reply if you have developed anything a bit similar to my requirement. Any other suggestion is acceptable 🙂

Thanks!

Zaeem

Hi @Zaeem7,

As I mentioned above, we can show different measures conditionally based on slicer selection. However, it is not supported to apply different conditional formattings to each measure, no matter which solution we use to achieve showing dynamic measure in visual. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.