Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Calendars/Reporting Periods for Different Companies in same group/model

Hi 

I am struggling to model a scenario where the client has eg 5 companies and some of them have different monthly reporting periods. 
eg some report on calendar basis 1st to last day of month and some on say 26th - 25th.

I have two date/time related tables 
- one called DIM_AccountingPeriod which has columns for ReportingMonthName, ReportingDateStart, ReportingDateEnd, CompanyID, PeriodNoSK (ID) and a row for combination of companyID and ReportingMonth.
- and DIM_Date which is a conventional calendar table with a row for each date per year.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to handle this so that I can analyse at a client level (aggregating all companies) on both a month and day level? 
One problem that I have is that I cant put ReportingMonthName and Date next to each other because there is no relationship between the two and I cant combine it because I need a Date/Time table to have a unique date in order to utilise it as a date table for time intelligence. 

I can provide an actual dataset if need be.

@TheoC @Tad17  - I have noted your participation on similar threads - tagging you in case you could assist

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I just want to confirm if you resolved this issue? If yes, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , we add all such FY /Cal columns in the date table and used them based on the need

This can help you add columns related to the calendar from 26th -https://medium.com/chandakamit/cheat-sheet-calendar-that-starts-with-any-date-of-the-month-just-two-variables-apart-9fb9a0f65b92

You can have some columns from time intelligence like Rank of period start date , Day of period etc

Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

DAX Calendar - Standard Calendar, Non-Standard Calendar, 4-4-4 Calendar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsfCMzjKTQ0&t=145s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.