Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cnestg8r
Regular Visitor

Differences in excel dax and power bi dax

:=CALCULATE(sum(fPICKS[Wins]),filter(fPICKS,fpicks[week]=[Week Selected]))

:=CALCULATE(sum(fPICKS[Wins]),filter(fPICKS,fpicks[week]<[Week Selected]))

The first measure definition works fine in both excel and PBID. The second works fine in excel but yields blanks in PBID.

Please help me understand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I really appreciate the continued interest in my problem. I am embarrassed to report that I somehow introduced some noise in the data and I did have a data type conflict. The measures are fine and work well with the purged data.

Many Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cnestg8r

What is the data type of [week selected] in PBID?

The data type is whole number, as is fPICKS[Week].

When I look at the query, I see some blank rows in dGames and fPICKS. It appears to be a display concern more than real blank rows?

I'll have a look at using Power BI instead of desktop to see if there is a difference.

@cnestg8r,

Coudl you please provide us some sample data, or you could share your PBIX file, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I really appreciate the continued interest in my problem. I am embarrassed to report that I somehow introduced some noise in the data and I did have a data type conflict. The measures are fine and work well with the purged data.

Many Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.