Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

remi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Difference in the export as PowerPoint

Hello all,

Did someone notice a change in the ppt exports from PowerBI (online)?

Just a few days ago I was doing exports and each chart had its own image, Today when exporting the same file I've seen that all of the charts from one page are under a single image. Did something change in the web PowerBI accounting for this difference?

Wanted to use PowerBI tiles but since at the moment isn't working for me was settling for this workaround to extract.

So wanted to know if you guys seen this or I'm doing something wrong and that I haven't checked until now.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @remi,

As confirmed by the Product Team, there is a design change(all visuals will group together as a single image on a slide now) on the export to PowerPoint feature recently. And the documentation on this feature will be updated to reflect the design change. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @remi,

As confirmed by the Product Team, there is a design change(all visuals will group together as a single image on a slide now) on the export to PowerPoint feature recently. And the documentation on this feature will be updated to reflect the design change. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the update but this is highly inconvenient. It breaks our entire workflow of exporting from PowerBI and creating Powerpoints for distribution. The Slide Template/Formatting Options are very limited/non-existent in powerBI so anyone with a corporate template to be used is stuck. We used to download the slides and apply the organisation powerpoint template (fonts, sizes, background) offline to overcome this but that is now no longer possible.

Is there a reason (other than performance) the Product Team had in mind as I am not sure how one merged image (which can't even be ungrouped) helps any use case for "Export to Powerpoint".

Can you suggest an approach that would let us get the slides into a format that is acceptable/compliant with the strict organization template?

Hi v-ljerr-msft ,

Thank you for getting back to me and for confirming that this is a change that will affect everyone and not just some anomaly experienced by me.

Thank you.

Remi

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @remi,

I also see the same change on this feature within my Power BI service. I will try to confirm it with the Product Team to see if it is the expected behavior for the export to PowerPoint feature currently, and post back if there is any feedback. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.