Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Difference in Matrix visual

Hello,

I have a table called TABLE1 as shown below. I have created 2 measurres

1- CALCULATE(SUM(TABLE1[VALUE), FILETER(Table1, TABLE1[Categorey = "A"))
2- CALCULATE(SUM(TABLE1[VALUE), FILETER(Table1, TABLE1[Categorey = "B"))

I brought Matrix visual as shown below, but now I need to show the differnce between Sales and value at the row level, I created another measure Difference = Measurre 1 - Measuer 2, but if I drag that into visual, it appears as a row.

2020-03-16_18-16-57.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Difference in Matrix visual

Hi @sabeensp ,

Whether is there any other field that can judge the relationship between sales and target value, such as date field? If no, you may get only one row with summarized value finally.

Best Regards

Rena

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

I'm not sure I'm following this. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

---------------------------------------

Not link spamming! If I posted a link in reply it is because I did assume you know how to search the web but thought it was the fastest way to fix your issue.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sabeensp ,

Is there an one-to-one correspondence between sales and target value of your source data ? For example , 100 for sale correspond to target 30 , 150 for sales corresponds to target 35 and 200 for sales corresponds to target 40 ? If yes , you can process it on the source data side , and pivot the sales value and target values into 2 columns as shown in the following figure . You can view my shared sample file for details .

Process data in source sideProcess data in source sideTransform data in Query EditorTransform data in Query Editor

Best Regards

Rena

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@yingyinrNo there is no 1:1 relationship not all forecast will have sales and vise versa.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sabeensp ,

Whether is there any other field that can judge the relationship between sales and target value, such as date field? If no, you may get only one row with summarized value finally.

Best Regards

Rena

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors