Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Difference between two colums

I can't seem to find the right solution.

We generate estimates for each quarter 6 quarters ahead. They need to see the difference between each estimate version. Look at this picture:

Difference.jpg

The matrix shows nested dimensions in the row and for the colums I use Year (The green) each estimate version (red). I would like to measure the difference between Estimate version. In the above the difference in 2020 between Estimate version 'Estimat ved Q4 2020' and 'Estimat ved Q12021' equals (=) 0 for Team 10 (Marked yellow) but for 2021 the difference is 362.440

Value: [Estimate value]

Colums:  Year, [estimate version]

Rows: Team, activity, project

How should I build a measure to show the difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Solved using this answer:

Answer 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Solved using this answer:

Answer 

Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

The above measure did not do it for me. What do You need to assist? I hoped for a straight forward solution to this 😞

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bokazoit , You have to create a measure. If you have date you can create

QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(('Date'[Date])))
Last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER)))

Last QUARTER Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD( ENDOFQUARTER(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER))))
Last QUARTER Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),PREVIOUSQUARTER(('Date'[Date])))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Estimate version is a text value and not a date value? Correct each version consists of quarterly estimates but in the above I look at the sum of the year for each version and should find the difference between each version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.