Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between time period & relative date

Hi,

I have few questions regarding dashboard.

First, If I have sales by orderDate bar chart (see attached image). how to calculate month to month difference for sales(M/M Sales or Q/Q Sales, W/W Sales etc) in PowberBI?  

Second, In Tableau it has relative date that allows to display last n time period data. For example, want to display last 2 week sales or last 12 months sales. How this can happen in powerBI?

Third, how can I display x axis label as the below chart. Also how to have label for each week and M/M sales on the top of bar. 

Many Thanks!

x axis label format.PNGx axis label format.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Point1

Please refer to suggestion mentioned here.

Point2

Both slicer and Visual/Page/Report level filters provide "Relative" option.

1.PNG     2.PNG

Point3

To show data label on the top of bar, please set its "position" to "Outside End" under format pane.

3.PNG

If you want to display data label formatted as KPI indicator, as drawn in above screenshot, I'm afraid it is not achievable now.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gu,

We are moving from Tableau to PowerBI, and struggling with PowerBI very badly. I need your help and appreicate your help!!! I still have questions regarding Difference between current time period and Prev time period, and time filters. Please see attached image which is what I am looking for. I want to two times fileters (slicers). One main time slicer includes three value: Quarterly, Weekly and Daily. This slicer can filter all charts. For example, when select quaterly filter, the trend chart will display overall Quarterly mergin% trend for each subcategory. Second sub slicer is relative date. I want to it only works for yellow bar char(marge% by subcategory). when select this year,month or week, the chart only displys current year,month week data. If select last 3 weeks, it displaly three seperated bar charts for past 3 weeks. Just as showed in the below image.

I have the following quesions for powerBI. first, I created a yellow bar (margin% by subcategory) in powerBI, the relative date slicer doen'st work for this bar. When I select last n time period, the chart showed blank or still only single chart. Second, How can I set up a main silicer which include Quaterly, Weekly an Daily to control all charts in the dashboard. Third, how can I do part4 in the image. I saw your example M/M% in your last repley. I tried it, and it didn't work out in this case. 

Could you please use Adventureworks sample dataset( margin%, subcategory and order date) demo your answers. 

Many thanks!!!

powerBIQ.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

so 3 points:

1 - I think we'd need to see your data, but you can deffo do the min/max difference etc within a measure.

2 - Powerbi has this functionality in the slicer visual, using the little dropdown you can pick lots of difffent options. the visual has to recognise your data as a date though for this to work. Also, if you cant see the drop down, make the visual bigger.

pic4.JPG

3 - you X-Axis is already showing? week14, week15 etc. if you mean the Y-Axis, go into the format tab for the visual and use the toggle to turn it on.

pic5.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi good morning Gu,

Thanks for reply. In the image that is from Tableau. In power BI Same chart, x axis only show in week numbers(please see attachment). I want to show week 1, week2, not just 1,2.label in powerBI.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors