Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paro
Regular Visitor

Difference between sum matching id

Hi everybody,

hope anybody can helping me solving that problem. I need to calculate the difference of two values but only when mycompany matches the id, like in this table down below. 

ID

Company

Position

Sum

Result

Company1

Company2

Company3

MyCompany

Company1

Company2

Company3

Company1

MyCompany

MyCompany

Company1

I have created two measures, first get the sum of mycompany when position >1

SumMyCompany = 
CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[Sum]), filter('Table',find("MyCompany", 'Table'[Company],,0)<>0), 'Table'[Position]>1)

and the other will get the sum of the first place

SumOther = 
CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[Sum]), filter('Table',not(find("MyCompany", 'Table'[Company],,0)<>0)), 'Table'[Position]=1)

SumMyCompany - SumOther = difference; but in this case it also calculate the difference when MyCompany doesn't match the id.

Is there an easy way to filter only the range of id's where mycompany matches?

I'm really thankful for every suggestion to solving my problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Paro 

So you need to sum up the difference of all IDs with your logic, please add a Calculated DAX column of this result, then you can simply SUM this column to display in a Card. But it might be slow if you have a lot of data, then you can consider using M to pre-calculate

Column = 
VAR CurID = 'Table'[ID]
VAR SumMyCompany =
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Company]="MyCompany"&&'Table'[Position]>1&&'Table'[ID]=CurID),'Table'[Sum])
VAR Sumother=
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Company]<>"MyCompany"&&'Table'[Position]=1&&'Table'[ID]=CurID),'Table'[Sum])
RETURN
SumMyCompany-Sumother

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Paro 

You want a measure to display in above table visual? It looks at the ID in the visual

Measure = 
VAR CurID = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[ID])
VAR SumMyCompany =
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Company]="MyCompany"&&'Table'[Position]>1&&'Table'[ID]=CurID),'Table'[Sum])
VAR Sumother=
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Company]<>"MyCompany"&&'Table'[Position]=1&&'Table'[ID]=CurID),'Table'[Sum])
RETURN
SumMyCompany-Sumother

Hi @Vera_33 ,

thanks for your response. This measure is a basis for the calculation of an avarage. Unfortunately I want to show a single value in a card kpi. When I try the measure above it shows me blank, the issue ist the ID. When its selected the measure won't be calculated. Is there a opportunity to get a single value?

Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Paro 

The measure was based on the assumption you were using it in a table visual...so what is the single value you want to display in a Card? Sum of all the difference of all the IDs?

Hi @Vera_33 ,

sorry for my bad description, the table above should only be an example.

Yes I just want to show a single Value of sum of all the difference, but only for these IDs which my company is involved.

Hi,

So the result that you are expecting in a card visual is (40,000-30,000)+(90,000-10,000) = 90,000.  Am i correct?

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi @Ashish_Mathur

thanks for your interest, the result i expecting is (40000-30000) + (90000-80000) = 40000

Hi,

This measure works

=SUMX(FILTER(SUMMARIZE(VALUES(Data[ID]),Data[ID],"ABCD",CALCULATE(sum(Data[Sum]),Data[Company]="MyCompany"),"EFGH",CALCULATE(sum(Data[Sum]),Data[Position]=1)),[ABCD]>0),[ABCD]-[EFGH])

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Paro 

So you need to sum up the difference of all IDs with your logic, please add a Calculated DAX column of this result, then you can simply SUM this column to display in a Card. But it might be slow if you have a lot of data, then you can consider using M to pre-calculate

Column = 
VAR CurID = 'Table'[ID]
VAR SumMyCompany =
VAR Sumother=
RETURN
SumMyCompany-Sumother

Hi @Vera_33 
thank you very much, your solution is working in my case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.