Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChinoZambrano93
Regular Visitor

Difference between dates using two tables

I currently have two tables,

Catalogue of Works and Date Table

In The Work Catalog fields are the Start Date and End Date fields, these fields have an inactive relationship with the Date field in the Date Table.

I need to calculate the days between Start Date and End Date, and that these in turn are filtered depending on the context of the date table, the example shows what you want however you are not respecting the start and end dates.

ChinoZambrano93_1-1594248706603.png

ChinoZambrano93_2-1594248796028.png

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge.

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChinoZambrano93 ,

It‘s not very clear to me since your second screenshot is too small. Would you please show us some sample data and your expected output. Then we will help you well.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you for your response @v-deddai1-msft , attached more images about visualizations, tables and model.

It's two boards,

1. Catalogue of Works, where I have the following fields: Rubro(Task), Start Date, End Date, Duration and Daily Value.
2. Date Table

Both tables are related by the Date and Start Date fields, an active one-to-many relationship.

The result I need is an array where the Rows field has the Rubro field, the columns in the Date field, and in the Value field a measure that allows me to place the daily values between the start and end dates of each item.

Please help...

ChinoZambrano93_0-1594402980293.pngChinoZambrano93_1-1594402987880.pngChinoZambrano93_2-1594402998730.pngChinoZambrano93_3-1594403004415.png

Hi @ChinoZambrano93 ,

Just show us some sample data and your expected output by onedrive for business. I still can't see your screenshots since they are too small.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft ,

I'm sending you an example I did in excel. Maybe this will better understand my problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dm4H2rAdU1k6Ho4hAopL6t0u3NQoIHtW/view?usp=sharing

Best regards

Help, I'm still stuck with this problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.