Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rikkijp
Frequent Visitor

Difference between columns on two measures

I know that this is what I think is entry level.... I'm sure I learned it in the training course I took but just can't seem to muscle through it and everyone here is always so helpful!

I have a few tables in my data:

1) sharepoint odata link to a list with all of our project work including a choice column for "Teams"

2) Team Name table used as a connector between the other tables

3) Capacity table with team name and their capacity by quarter

4) date table used to cross reference dates accross the tables

I have a bar chart that has the capacity by team for quarter 1, clustered with the total of projects with a status "in progress" by team - filtered by quarter 1 (pic below)

I want to figure out how to create a table or matrix to numerically say the difference between capacity and work in progress - i.e. a specific team is 4 over utilized or 4 under utilized.

capacity.png

2 REPLIES 2
ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

It looks like you're using Count() to sum the number of ID's, I would guess maybe for case issues between areas for example.

You could try creating a measure which SUM()'s the [id] column and then a Capacity-SummedID measure.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rikkijp,

Can you share a dummy sample data please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.