cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rikkijp
Frequent Visitor

Difference between columns on two measures

I know that this is what I think is entry level.... I'm sure I learned it in the training course I took but just can't seem to muscle through it and everyone here is always so helpful!

I have a few tables in my data:

1) sharepoint odata link to a list with all of our project work including a choice column for "Teams"

2) Team Name table used as a connector between the other tables

3) Capacity table with team name and their capacity by quarter

4) date table used to cross reference dates accross the tables

I have a bar chart that has the capacity by team for quarter 1, clustered with the total of projects with a status "in progress" by team - filtered by quarter 1 (pic below)

I want to figure out how to create a table or matrix to numerically say the difference between capacity and work in progress - i.e. a specific team is 4 over utilized or 4 under utilized.

capacity.png

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Difference between columns on two measures

Hi @rikkijp,

Can you share a dummy sample data please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
ElliotP Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Difference between columns on two measures

It looks like you're using Count() to sum the number of ID's, I would guess maybe for case issues between areas for example.

You could try creating a measure which SUM()'s the [id] column and then a Capacity-SummedID measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors