cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rikkijp
Frequent Visitor

Difference between columns on two measures

I know that this is what I think is entry level.... I'm sure I learned it in the training course I took but just can't seem to muscle through it and everyone here is always so helpful!

I have a few tables in my data:

1) sharepoint odata link to a list with all of our project work including a choice column for "Teams"

2) Team Name table used as a connector between the other tables

3) Capacity table with team name and their capacity by quarter

4) date table used to cross reference dates accross the tables

I have a bar chart that has the capacity by team for quarter 1, clustered with the total of projects with a status "in progress" by team - filtered by quarter 1 (pic below)

I want to figure out how to create a table or matrix to numerically say the difference between capacity and work in progress - i.e. a specific team is 4 over utilized or 4 under utilized.

capacity.png

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Difference between columns on two measures

Hi @rikkijp,

Can you share a dummy sample data please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ElliotP Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Difference between columns on two measures

It looks like you're using Count() to sum the number of ID's, I would guess maybe for case issues between areas for example.

You could try creating a measure which SUM()'s the [id] column and then a Capacity-SummedID measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors