Frequent Visitor

Difference between 2 rows using first row fixed

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I need to calculate the difference between two rows in a matrix table in Power BI, but I need to keep the first row as reference, like this:

EDIT: The first row (Model "A") can be changed by filter, so I need to use always the first row, not the model as reference.

modelpricediffexplanation
A14990-
B1949450EXP.: MODEL B - MODEL A
C1799300EXP.: MODEL C - MODEL A
D26991200EXP.: MODEL D - MODEL A

I used a metric to calculate this values:

.AVG_PRICE = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(FORMULARIO_RESPOSTAS[DES_RESPOSTA_QTD]);FORMULARIO_RESPOSTAS[DES_RESPOSTA_QTD] > 0)

Anyone knows how can I get this?

Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Difference between 2 rows using first row fixed

[ Edited ]

Have you tried using the LOOKUPVALUE function? You can use this to return the value for Model A in whatever column you need to reference. 

In your example below, the formula would look something like (I'm using "Table1" as the table where your values are stored in this example):

diff = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[price])-LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[price],Table1[model],"A"))

Put this measure as the diff column in your matrix table visual and you should get the desired results.
Super User

Hi,

Do you want to take the difference between the price in the current row and the row with the minumum price?

Community Support Team

Hi @gonnelli,

Two ways you can choose.

1. To create a calculated column.

diffc = Table1[price]-CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[price]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[model]="A"))

2. To create a measure.

diffm = MAX(Table1[price])-CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[price]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[model]="A"))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Attachment
Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hello @v-frfei-msft

In my case, I can't use lookupvalues because the first "model" can be changed by filters.

I need to calculate always the difference between the first row with another rows.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Ashish_Mathur!

I need to calculate always the first rows and another rows, but the first rows can be changed by filter.