Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lpalacios
Frequent Visitor

Difference Between two selected year

Hello Everbody:

I hope you are well. 

I have some experience in PowerBi ( not that advance) and I don´t figure out how to solve this issue.

I have a table of Purchase by year and organization taken from SAP (picture 1), then I would like to create one column (or measure) that shows the difference between the amounts in usd for 2 selected years. For example: if i selected 2017 and 2018 (picture 2).

It will always works to make the difference of 2 columns.

do you have any idea on how I can solve it out?

kind regards

Captura.JPG

Captura2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
avdutta
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Firstly unpivod your puchase data for multiple year column into single column, lik

Unpivot your data in edit queryUnpivot your data in edit query

Then create Three different columns as

Oldest Year Purchase = CALCULATE(sum(Sheet1[Purchase]), Filter(Sheet1,Sheet1[Years]=Min(Sheet1[Years])))

Newest Year Purchase = CALCULATE(sum(Sheet1[Purchase]), Filter(Sheet1,Sheet1[Years]=Max(Sheet1[Years])))

Purchase Difference = [Newest Year Purchase]-[Oldest Year Purchase]

Then apply a slicer to select two table. The Purchase Difference field will always provide you the difference of two selected years.

Use slicer to select two yearsUse slicer to select two years

Please let me know if you face any challange.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avdutta
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Firstly unpivod your puchase data for multiple year column into single column, lik

Unpivot your data in edit queryUnpivot your data in edit query

Then create Three different columns as

Oldest Year Purchase = CALCULATE(sum(Sheet1[Purchase]), Filter(Sheet1,Sheet1[Years]=Min(Sheet1[Years])))

Newest Year Purchase = CALCULATE(sum(Sheet1[Purchase]), Filter(Sheet1,Sheet1[Years]=Max(Sheet1[Years])))

Purchase Difference = [Newest Year Purchase]-[Oldest Year Purchase]

Then apply a slicer to select two table. The Purchase Difference field will always provide you the difference of two selected years.

Use slicer to select two yearsUse slicer to select two years

Please let me know if you face any challange.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lpalacios,

I have a table of Purchase by year and organization taken from SAP (picture 1), then I would like to create one column (or measure) that shows the difference between the amounts in usd for 2 selected years. For example: if i selected 2017 and 2018 (picture 2).

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new measure to calculate the difference between the two selected year.

Diff of Selected Years =
CALCULATE (
    [Total Purchase],
    FILTER ( 'Date', 'Date'[Year] = MAX ( 'Date'[Year] ) )
)
    - CALCULATE (
        [Total Purchase],
        FILTER ( 'Date', 'Date'[Year] = MIN ( 'Date'[Year] ) )
    )

As there isn't an easy way to add the new created measure into the exiting Matrix visual currently, you may need to show the measure with [Org] column on a new Matrix visual. Smiley Happy

Regards

thanks!! but it does not work Man Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.