Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diff in dates source/power BI (time zone?)

Hi

I have power BI connected to Dynamics 365

The date I see In CRM is different form the date in power BI. It seems that power BI doesnt add GMT +1 even the regional settings is set to norway (+1 GMT)

from CRM: 

27.okt.1998 00:00:00 (GMT+1

from Power BI:

2.png

Is this a time zone issue and how can I change this?

Here is my regional Settings - set to Norway - so it seems this is correct:

3.png

From the other posts on the forum the fix is in dax, but we have many datefields and want to fix this for the entire dataset and not just in one column

Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Give a try by using Query editor --> Select your date column --> right click on it and select Change Type then  choose Date/Time/TimeZone.

Please hit Thumbs up for support and also accept this as a solution if it helps you! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for answer

The column was alredy set to Date/Time/TimeZone

But the values displays the date and +00:00

@Anonymous ,

Try to change your computer's timezone OR use the DateTime.AddZone function to achieve your expected output.

Dont forget to hit Thumbs up and also mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks

My computer i also set corrent to +1 gmt

I want to make this change to all the columns in the dataset and the DateTime.AddZone I assume is only in one function?.

Is this a bug in Power BI? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.