cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsestini Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dial Gauges are completely gone on all reports and in service

Glad to hear that, Prakash!

Did they provide any insight as to what happened? It would be assuring to know that we can rely on this visual as it is essential to our dashboards.

Thanks again,

Thiago Sestini.

bradwest414 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How strange, I did no updates to any components or software, and yet when I came into work this morning, everything was working again.  There must be some kind of internet configuration they're able to push to the desktop software or plugin?

pvasrao Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Prakash. I can able to view the visual.

bpeters Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Great collaborative work on getting this fixed so swiftly. Had to switch back to standard gauge for my reports today, but kept backups which I have been able to revert to.

adamhubble Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I'm not sure why, but when I was opening existing pbix files that contained the visual, it was still not working. After downloading the desktop app again, repairing the installation (thinking that there may have been some small change to the app to include whatever change was made to the service), and restarting my computer, things now display correctly in those existing pbix.

Thanks for updating us on things Prakash.

Cheers,
Adam
pkavar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes @tsestini,

you can rely on this visual as it giving so many measures in single visual.I have also critical Clients depends on this visual.

@bradwest414 ,yes it is strange for all of us and i believe there is some graphical display related stuff they fixed.

Thanks again @bpeters @adamhubble for validating it correctly.

Regards,

Prakash

Highlighted
joglidden Member

Thanks to Microsoft development team for getting on this and getting it resolved w/in 48 hours. Let's talk about a few lessons learned now...

1. When you implement a major update (or any update), go see what the effect is on a service dashboard with all of the most popular visuals on it. These dashboards are are the end product that our executive clients are looking at, and they really don't care why or how they are working. Actually, they don't even care if it's an MS product or an IBM product. They only care about one thing, and when it isn't working, it's a crisis for us developers. Please keep this in mind.

2. I think now you (Microsoft) get a sense of how common and popular these dial gauges are. Your native dial gauge is a shortcoming, and with all due respect to CloudFronts Technologies, LLP, the developer of the DialGauge 1.01, you have outsourced a common and popular visual to a third party. This adds complexity and risk to your platform. I wonder if you would consider fixing your own dialgauge in a way that is more useful to the community. Most of us don't have time to dive in to the DialGauge code and fix it. Not sure what the solution is here. Something to think about.

"Dashboards" have "dials".