Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dial Gauges are completely gone on all reports and in service

I opened my dashboards today in the service, and all dial gauges were completely gone.

I went into the desktop files, and they would not render there either. There is a ghost "placeholder" where the gauges once were. I updated the visual with the latest DialGauge update v. 1.01, and the visual would not appear in my 'Visualizations' pane. When I update the visual, I get a message that it was successfully updated. 

Has anyone seen this issue? Is it my PBI desktop files, or is something up with the service?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Folks,

Just got confirmation from the Microsoft BI team for fixing this issue.

No need to download latest version or any other changes in your current PBIX,you need to just refresh the browser and it all works fine as before.

Thanks again for all your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Prakash Kavar

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If that is a custom visual, you'll probably have to contact the author. Obviously something that the latest round of updates did broke it. I know that my out-of-the-box gauges are working fine.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello @Greg_Deckler,

Thanks for your information.

Yes we received such issues from many of the PowerBI  users and i would like to confirm that no changes done from our side on latest updates.

I raised the concern to Microsoft and they confirm the issue from their side and trying to fix it ASAP.

Hello Friends

Please fix the issue at the earliest. All my dashboards are showing blank where Dial Gauges are used. Pls help.

Thanks

Vasantha Rao

Hi @pvasrao,

Just before 15 minutes i had a call with Microsoft BI team and they ensure to deliver quick fix for this burning issues.

We also have couple of clients affecting with this blank Dial Gauge issues.

Thanks,

Prakash Kavar

Thanks for your information Prakash.

Went to the Visual Gallery to see if there is any new version.

I saw a new line in the last line: Update Note:- Fixed The bug for latest version of Power BI (Version 1.0.1Last updated 10/5/2016). I downloaded the visual and it is working on my Power BI Desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.