cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Determine which measures are used in a report

No, sorry.  You can't tell which measures are used in visuals using this approach.  I am not aware of a tool that can do this, however I think Power Pivot Utilities will show you which columns are not being used. Power Pivot Utilities  But this only works for Power Pivot, not Power BI

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

Sean Community Champion
Community Champion

@MattAllington

Thanks for responding!

Yes guilty as charged - I did not read the included text file either. (I opened it but just glanced over...)

I’ll give this a try tomorrow.

Thank You! Smiley Happy

MPR
Frequent Visitor

Good to know.  Thanks Matt.  

Great tool.  Thanks for releasing it for everyone to enjoy.

Highlighted
upen
Regular Visitor

@MattAllington , Can you suggest me which system table stores the execution date ,time and duration  of measures?

Most probably there might be the system table to track these things as Power BI recently added as very extra ordinary feature called "Performance Analyser".

It we know that system table then we can categorize the active measures and passive measures and remove the passive measures from the report for optimization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors