Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

waddle_cycle

Desktop view is always starting in the corner

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but everytime i start up PowerBI desktop, the PBI screen shifts to the bottom right hand corner.  I tried to uninstall/reinstall, close/reopen, fit to page, pretty much anything to "expand the view". but nothing is working.  it's super annoying.  please help

PBIDesktop.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
aguenena
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue. Mine at the lower right corner !!!!!!

dvsg

@waddle_cycleHave you solved the problem? I experience the same thing ...

No.  it went away after i restarted it several times.  But there really wasn't a way to "solve" it

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay update. 

This is a known issue in Power BI Desktop since last few months which is due to April Windows 10 update. Please take a note of the workaround.

1. Press the Start key and type the word blurry into the search bar that appears.
  2. In the dialog that appears, select the option: Let Windows fix apps that are blurry.
  3. Restart Power BI Desktop.

More details, you could refer to the document Power BI Desktop loads with a partial screen.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This worked for me thanks

Thanks!!  I have also been getting this problem.

Thanks.. This worked for me..

I am experiencing the same problem.  Even if I just open the desktop with no reports, it displays the lower right corner and I'm pretty much done.   What kind of data do you need from my machine in order to debug this further?   This stupid bug kills my productivity and it happens frequently.    Currently stuck in this state and have tried all the things that have worked in the past and it's still displaying only the lower right.  

Same here any solution would be great. Mine is stuck in the upper left corner

same issue

I am having the same Issue. stuck at the lower right corner!!!!!!!

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @waddle_cycle,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use?  You could find the version under File ——Help—— About.

Please always use the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

In additon, do you have this issue for all reports? What about creating a new report?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i am using the latest version, as i just re-installed it yesterday. 

Version: 2.59.5135.781 64-bit (June 2018)

This happens when i open PBI Desktop.  It applies this format on every dashboard that i open.  It has done this to me a couple months back, and then i restarted my computer, uninstall, reinstalled, close/reopen.  And then at one point it finally worked.  Now it is doing this to me again. 

So i repeated everything, restart, open/close, uninstall/reinstall.  Open it several times, and it now is working fine.  It is really annoying to have to do this every month or so.  Not sure what is going on, but wanted to report this to you guys in case others are seeing the same intermittent issue. 

Thanks

Hi @waddle_cycle,

That's really stange. I cannot reproduce your issue in my environment.

I suggest you could have a test with your report on another device.

In addition, if you have Power BI Pro license, you could create a ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

support ticket.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.