Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrewhann
Helper II
Helper II

Desktop model does not refresh

I have a desktop model that no longer refreshes since the July update (although published web version does)

It has a mix of SQL tables and excel sheets (although other nodels with a similar mix do refresh correctly)

Are we aware of any issues in the July 2018 update that would stop the model refreshing

I might add that the model appears to refresh correctly but then incorrect values/zero values are displayed in all tables graphs

I have gone through all steps - and it would appear that it is APPEND query that is no longer working..?

Is this a known issue.?

3 REPLIES 3
S_M
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

It may seem that this could be related to an ongoing issue on PowerBI related to specific connectors as seen here (2nd point under awareness) : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Does seem to be APPEND that is the issue

If I remove all of the append queries - joining excel and SQL tables- then everything is fine

Strangely this affects desktop only - service is fine - but it does limit the ability to write new APPEND queries

Hi @andrewhann,

Yes, this is a known issue. Currently there is no workaround, Engineering team is working to release new version of July Power BI Desktop. You can keep an eye the status of this issue on Support site: 

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.