Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xsanchezwsca

Desktop indicator/monitor

Good day,

I would like to create a desktop indicator with data that is updated from an excel sheet (fast updates but not necessarly real time but every minute let's say). This indicator would only consist of an exchange rate and an amount of money. I would like to be able to visualize it like I visualize my desktop clock or window toolbar.

At the place I'm working, we use contracts to cover our foreign sales. It is important for us to be able to see how much money is there left on the contract.

Ex: 1.354623 / 78 000$

Then if I create a foreign sale invoice of 8 000$, the amount would shrink to 70 000$. By this I know when to buy the next contrat.

Thank you

Would it be possible to create such an indicator ? Could I share it on my collegues computer desktop ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@xsanchezwsca wrote:

Good day,

I would like to create a desktop indicator with data that is updated from an excel sheet (fast updates but not necessarly real time but every minute let's say). This indicator would only consist of an exchange rate and an amount of money. I would like to be able to visualize it like I visualize my desktop clock or window toolbar.

At the place I'm working, we use contracts to cover our foreign sales. It is important for us to be able to see how much money is there left on the contract.

Ex: 1.354623 / 78 000$

Then if I create a foreign sale invoice of 8 000$, the amount would shrink to 70 000$. By this I know when to buy the next contrat.

Thank you

Would it be possible to create such an indicator ? Could I share it on my collegues computer desktop ?

Thank you

I'm not getting what eactly you'd like to do, when creating a sale invoice of 8000$, why "1.354623 / 70 000$" instead of "8001.354623 / 78 000$"? 

For further suggestion, please post some sample data, expected output and more explanation of your scenario.

Good day,

Thank you for answering.

1.354623 is the exchange rate

78 000$ is the amount left to protect the future foreign sales at that exchange rate.

It could also appear like : 78 000$ @ 1.354623

I just want to be able to see what is my exchange rate and how fast the amount is shrinking.

Then when I am under 10 000$, I know I should buy another 100 000$ contract to protect the sales and that contract has another exchange rate...

I just want to see two datas coming from an excel sheet in a fast-way...Like the clock in my windows desktop.

It could have been something else like wheater or stocks quotations...

Is it clear ?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.