Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattkarriker
Helper I
Helper I

Desktop hangs changing online data source

I am having an issue with the June 2019 release where trying to change the online datasource of a report hangs PBI Desktop indefinatly.  The Application is reported as Not Responding.  

A little background on this.  We have UAT and Prodution workspaces configured in Power BI service.  As new reports are complete testing we will move them from the UAT workspace to the Production workspace.  This requires us to copy the report from UAT, changes the datasource to the production workspace in Power BI Desktop, inally deploy the report to the production workspace.  Changing the datasource is when PBI Desktop hangs.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have.  

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi acohen-ih-corp,

You said when you change datasource to online datasource, the desktop will hangs. So If possible, could you please inform me how you change the datasource? Add new datasource or edit the datasource? In addition, I am not sure whether this is caused by online datasource or network or powerbi desktop, you could  try  to enable log to find  whether there is any useful error information for hangs. You could refer to Power BI Desktop Trace Logs Analyser for details.

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.