Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kym_EVO
Frequent Visitor

Desktop graph showing different values to web graph

Hi all,

I have a graph that I've set up in PowerBI desktop which displays values correctly as they should be. However, once I publish the data and then view it in PowerBI web, the values are completely different.

I've ensured there are no filters affecting the data and all the other graphs that use the same data export and display correctly, so I'm not sure why this graph in particular shows different on web to what shows on Desktop.

I've tried copying the table to a new tab so it's on its own, but have the same problem. Any help as to why this might occur would be greatly appreciated.

PowerBI desktop graph:

PBI Desktop Graph.png

Same graph in PowerBI web:

PBI Web Graph.png

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Ethan96
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, @Kym_EVO 

Outdated versions of gateway and PowerBI Desktop can cause a similar situation.

The repport showed difference data between power bi pro than the version in power bi desktop 

Regard,

Ethan

Thanks @Ethan96 , I tried some of the suggestions in that link, including removing the boolean data types from my filters but unfortunately that didn't resolve the issue.

MahyarTF
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, 

If after publishing the report on the Server, you click on the link, that appears on the publishing page, it was happen to me once.

I found the Filter that was in my Filter Pane (for some reason).

Would you possible check your filter pane on the Server side and also 'Filter on Visual' in your visual :

MahyarTF_0-1659678598636.png

Mahyartf

Hi @MahyarTF , the only filters are those that I set in the desktop app that show the data for this year up to today:

Desktop:

Kym_EVO_1-1659908306430.png

Web:

Kym_EVO_2-1659908359637.png

oh, it is strange.

Not sure what the reason is.

maybe try another workspace to publish it (if not), and try it in your workspace before publish it in App

Mahyartf

Thanks @MahyarTF , tried publishing to my workspace but same result unfortunately.

Agree, it's very strange. I've never seen the report differ from app to web like this. Thanks for trying to help.

Are you using Dataset for development?

I asked because sometimes the refreshing time is different between the Publishing and desktop version.

Is it possible, that you filter your data in Power Query and then publish it ? and see if the problem is remaining

Mahyartf

Thanks @MahyarTF, I tried filtering the data in Power Query to only include the data for this year which didn't change the graph in desktop (as you would expect), but now the graph on web is different. It's correct up until week 8, then the data reverts to being incorrect (now I'm even more confused!):

PowerBI Screenshot.jpg

Not sure, what the reason is it, Strange.

the last solution (not the best solution), is testing on another computer and run it the PBIX file on the desktop and then publishing it on the web, as you mentioned it is worked on the web, not expect some restrictions or getaway on your server side.

Appreciate your Kudos for my posts

Mahyartf
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kym_EVO , FIrst try there.

Clear browser cache -> Refresh and check again

Republish- > Clear browser cache -> Refresh and check again

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for the suggestion - I've tried refreshing cache as well as using multiple browsers on multiple PCs to ensure it's not a caching issue. All showed the same graph as above on web.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.