Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Desktop and mobile layout two table sizes?

Hi, I have a desktop report that I also want a table view, this report contains a series of sales numbers. However each one of these tables is currently wider than the phone layout which causes undesirable scrolling as seen below.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Is there anyway to make the table responsive? if not is there anyway to make two versions of the visualization that is hidden in the standard master view, and is only viewable in the mobile view?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I deal with this is to create two visuals one, is the mobile visual hidden behind the desktop one but still technically visible. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there anyway to make the table responsive?

No. You may need to decrease the width of each column in desktop layout, so that it won't be too wider when added to Phone layout.

if not is there anyway to make two versions of the visualization that is hidden in the standard master view, and is only viewable in the mobile view?

No. It is not supported to conditionally hide/show a visual.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I deal with this is to create two visuals one, is the mobile visual hidden behind the desktop one but still technically visible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Could you please explain more in detail the workaround? If I have different tabs, I should prepare a "Phone layout" view for each one, correct? And I can only use the visuals already created within that tab. I think that for what you say, you have like 2 visuales but only one is shown in desktop, while the other is used for the phone layout.

Thanks!

Julieta.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Could you please explain more in detail the workaround? If I have different tabs, I should prepare a "Phone layout" view for each one, correct? And I can only use the visuals already created within that tab. I think that for what you say, you have like 2 visuales but only one is shown in desktop, while the other is used for the phone layout.

Thanks!

Julieta.

To be honest, I would really recommend creating 2 seperate reports or 2 seperate page tabs, one intended for mobile and one for desktop if possible. Power Bi's mobile view is complete garbage in my opinion because of how you are forced to size things 6 grids wide and table visuals are not responsive to this size. 

It would be better if your customers would accept having two tabs with 2 different page sizes, one intended for mobile and one intended for desktop and set some kind of common resolution as a "one-size" fits all solution.

If you really can't do that, then on the same report make 2 visuals, one for desktop one for mobile. format your mobile visual to fit within the 6 grid width of the mobile view, and then resize the visual to something tiny.

Then take that visual and hide it away behind another one like a photo, title using the "Send Backward" button under the format tab for your visual. 

Now your mobile visual that exist on the desktop view is hidden somewhere behind a photo or something but is still "technically" visible to Power BI. Then go into Mobile view and then format that setup however you wish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.