Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Johnny
Regular Visitor

Desktop Crashes in initialization

Hi,

I've just completed the latest windows update and now PowerBI desktop crashes when I try to launch the app.

I get's to the splash screen / Inititialization - and just dissapears without any error.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kind regards,

Johnny

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johnny,

Based on my test in my environment ( Windows 10 Enterprise with update September 2016 (KB890830) installed), after I install the latest Power BI Desktop version 2.38.4491.642, the desktop can run fine.

w2.PNG

In your scenario, I would suggest you check which Windows update and Power BI Desktop version you have installed. Also please check Event Viewer to found if any detail information related to Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun_Yu

I have Windows 10 Pro - build 10.0.1.14993 with the following updates:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607
  • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3188128)
  • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3193494)
  • Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)

The Power BI Desktop is the latest version from October 15th - same version as you.

I have some events related to the issue - sorry for the extensive text:

Error 1:

The description for Event ID 27 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Error 2:

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Information 1:

The description for Event ID 21 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Information 2:

The description for Event ID 22 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Information 3:

The description for Event ID 72 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\FlightRecorderSnapshotDef.xml

Information 4:

The description for Event ID 5 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Information 5:

The description for Event ID 0 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
64 Bit Enterprise
x64
RTM

Information 6:

The description for Event ID 46 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1449471705 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Error 3:

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 4:

The Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 5:

The Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 6:

The Open Procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 7:

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Error 8:

The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Error 9:

Application: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at <Module>.CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper.OnRenderThreadCreated(CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper*, CefRefPtr<CefListValue>*)
at <Module>.CefExecuteProcess(CefMainArgs*, CefRefPtr<CefApp>*, Void*)
at CefSharp.CefAppWrapper.Run()
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Program.Main(System.String[])

Error 10:

Application: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at <Module>.CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper.OnRenderThreadCreated(CefSharp.CefAppUnmanagedWrapper*, CefRefPtr<CefListValue>*)
at <Module>.CefExecuteProcess(CefMainArgs*, CefRefPtr<CefApp>*, Void*)
at CefSharp.CefAppWrapper.Run()
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Program.Main(System.String[])

Hope this makes more sense to you that it does for me 🙂

Kind regards,

Johnny

Rocko
Frequent Visitor

Any solution to this?  I get the same exact error messages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.