Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Didi_NewFlyer
Frequent Visitor

Desktop BI MSAccess - Cannot open database created with a previous version....

We had actually had all the issues worked out and had a connection to the MS access db working. Then all of a sudden it stopped given us again this issue regarding the "created in a previous version". We have 32 bit installed. The MSAccess db is 97, we are using a 97 runtime program to open it. I don't understand what changed. But i have tried everything!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Didi_NewFlyer,

Would you mind sharing me the Access97 database file? I will test in my Power BI Desktop.

I suspect that Power BI Desktop will not work with such an old Access database, I would recommend you that upgrade the Access97 database to higher version such as Access 2010 database or Access 2013 database, then connect to it from Power BI Desktop. You can follow the steps in this article to upgrade Access97 database.

Moreover, you would need to install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable when you connect to Access 2010 database or later version from Power BI desktop, please ensure that the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable you install matches the bitness of Power BI Desktop.

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.