Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rana34

Designing a report to compare month to month data

Table.jpg

Hi All, I am new to Power BI. I need suggestion how I can create a report which will allow to compare month to month data. The goal is once I have designed the report the raw data will be populated and the report will autometically creat the information. Below is an example of what I want to design.

Thanks

I have incident data from previous month by department. I would like to show how many new incidents by the month and how many are closed from last month.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rana34,

If you want to achieve the total of incident data amount (open, closed) every month, you can simply create a measure using DAX formula like pattern below:

Total =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( table[incident_data] ),
    FILTER ( ALLEXCEPT ( table, table[month] ), table[status] = "open" )
)

If you have some other requirement or problem, please share some details of your logic and expected result.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @Rana34,

You can create measures for the Last Year measure and This Year measure which calculates new incidents of last year and this year respectively.

Then, you can plot months as columns in matrix and your department as rows and your measures as values.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.