Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

murali_r
Helper I
Helper I

Design pie chart in power bi

I am new to power BI . I need to design chart in power like this .

Capture.PNG

Please provide the way step by step .

12 REPLIES 12
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@murali_r,

Could you please post sample data of your table?

You can review the following example  to create such pie chart in Power BI Desktop.

1. My sample table looks as below.
1.JPG

2. Drag Type field to Legend of pie chart, drag Value field to Values of pie chart.
2.JPG

3. In Format panel of pie chart, turn on Legend and choose “Category, percent of total” Label style for Detail lables.
3.JPG

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SampleData.PNG

This is my sample data.

@murali_r

What is the original format of the fields in your table? How do you get 8 and 2 in the above screenshot? Have you created the pie chart following the steps I provide?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Actually we made some calculation through stored procedure and store it in one table . From that table i am getting the above value . For this value I need to generate pie chart. this is our requirement(my first screensort) . I tried what you provided above , but i need percentage inside the circle . Please help me.

@murali_r

Please post screenshot (like the following screenshot) of the table you mention in Data view of Power BI Desktop. 
large.jpg

Regards,
Lydia

Sample.PNG

I need to show yellow marked column in pie chart. Each row should be diferent pie chart.

@murali_r,

Please post expected result in table format based on the sample data.

Regards,
Lydia

I want to display pie chart as I posted in my first post. You consider that value as sample data.

@murali_r,

Please review the following screenshots.

1.JPG2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

I agree with your screensort. these things I can able to do . But the things I need is to display that percentage inside the circle. Please provide some idea for this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @murali_r,

At this moment, basic Pie chart can not display as your request.

1. Percent always outside pie

2. Missing sub Title

3. Missing Grandtotal below the pie chart.

Does it from another BI apps?

You can Vote idea about "Label Pie Chart" here: https://ideas.powerbi.com

Regards,

ManNVSM.

@murali_r,

It is not possible to display the percentage label inside the circle. Regarding to this issue, you can submit a feature request in the Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.