Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jaaamesk
Frequent Visitor

Design not importing

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to import a Design .json file on Power BI Desktop. The error message is not very explanatory unfortunately, it just says "an error occured while importing, please try again."

I am tyring to import it on a windows server through an rdp connection, and the server has quite restrictive policies when it comes to sending and installing scripts of any kind, as it is a clients internal server. Might this be an issue or is that irrelevant to installing designs with Power BI?

In case it is an issue with the design file itsself, I added a screenshot below.

Design.JPG

I couldn't find anything on Power BI designs on the web, as they don't seem to be a big topic at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jaaamesk 

Try removing the comma from line 18 - it's not required.

Best regards,

Martyn

View solution in original post

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Jaaamesk ,

There is an error showed at Line 18. SO try to remove the comma from Line 18 and upload the JSON file again.

Dont forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Jaaamesk ,

There is an error showed at Line 18. SO try to remove the comma from Line 18 and upload the JSON file again.

Dont forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jaaamesk 

Try removing the comma from line 18 - it's not required.

Best regards,

Martyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.