Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

Design challenge : matrix, conditional formatting and target vs. actual

Hi,

I'm working on converting a report from Tableau to Power BI.

The report, currently in Tableau, looks like this :

Tableau matrix copy.jpg

For every agent, there is a row, representing their performance this month. For every day, there is a column showing two values :

actual sales amount and the percentage of the sale amount comparing to their daily target.

So, for example, if an agent has a 100$ daily target and they make a 200$ sale, they are at 200% for that day.

There is also conditional formatting - if the amount is above the target, the cell is green, or if below - red. I don't believe Power BI currently supports such visual.

I see a few challanges here:

1. Diaplaying two values in one Matrix cell. I believe they can only be shown side by side and not one on top of the other.

2. Conditional formatting of a cell by comparing values of two fields

3. I don't even believe any kind of conditional formatting is available in a matrix.

Now, I haven't yet done allot with Power BI, just a few reports, so I may not be aware of some of the options.

Are you familiar with any ways to get close to the above picture ? Any custom visualizations maybe?

Also happy to hear about totally different ways to convey the same message.

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @zivhimmel,

I see a few challanges here:

1. Diaplaying two values in one Matrix cell. I believe they can only be shown side by side and not one on top of the other.

Yes, it is not possible to display two values in one Matrix cell currently. You can submit this requirement on Power BI IdeasSmiley Happy

2. Conditional formatting of a cell by comparing values of two fields

3. I don't even believe any kind of conditional formatting is available in a matrix.

The idea for conditional formatting in matrix is already under planed. Please vote it up here to make this feature come sooner.

Regards

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

The Sankey Bar Chart is more or less similar to what you would like to achieve.1111.PNG

PowerBI has broad range of visuals which can be browsed on this PAGE.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks @BhaveshPatel for the answer, but I can't see how this particular visual solves the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.