Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kxj54590
Helper II
Helper II

Design Solution for a bookmark scenario ?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a design solution to the scenario below:

Scenario: I do have a bookmark built across two pages with the states lets say Alabama & California where it has got text data inside the textbox. Now i have a new requirement where i have the same text data across three different populations (child, teen, adult). How can i built a solution that can show the text data across three populations for those two states with the bookmarks already built in ?

Please pour in your thoughts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lit2018pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

@kxj54590

In that case, you can create 1 bookmark (this will be the default view when the pane opens) that has the Alabama and California tabs on page 1.

Then, when you click Alabama you should direct to the bookmark with "child" selected, so create this on page 2 and hide this page.

Next, create 1 more bookmark for Alabama Location with "teen" selected on page 3 and hide it.

Next, create 1 more bookmark for Alabama Location with "Adult" selected on page 4 and hide it.

Now similarly, create it for the California location.

I recommend adding a reset button or a text box with a "Reset" text on all your pages and adding page marker 1 in the archived action. So that when the reset button is clicked it will be redirected to page1.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lit2018pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

@kxj54590

In that case, you can create 1 bookmark (this will be the default view when the pane opens) that has the Alabama and California tabs on page 1.

Then, when you click Alabama you should direct to the bookmark with "child" selected, so create this on page 2 and hide this page.

Next, create 1 more bookmark for Alabama Location with "teen" selected on page 3 and hide it.

Next, create 1 more bookmark for Alabama Location with "Adult" selected on page 4 and hide it.

Now similarly, create it for the California location.

I recommend adding a reset button or a text box with a "Reset" text on all your pages and adding page marker 1 in the archived action. So that when the reset button is clicked it will be redirected to page1.

I hope this helps!

@lit2018pbi : Sure, that will work definitely. However, like that i have got 20 states across 3 populations (child, teen & adult). So i need to create 60 pages and hide it ? Is there any other alternative to this problem ? Like using a slicer that can sync with the bookmarks or the data within the text box ?

lit2018pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

In short, you can add a new page and hide that page for every bookmark required.

lit2018pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

@kxj54590 

The best practice is to create the bookmark on the new page and hide that page.

If you have to do any changes in the future you can easily edit the page and update the respective bookmark.

Can you share the screenshots that you are trying to implement?

@lit2018pbi : Sure, please find the visuals below:

kxj54590_0-1601009606966.png

kxj54590_1-1601009648979.png

Initially the way i did is to create two different pages for each state then hide it. When i clicked on calfornia on alabama report page then california page used to show up. Now the scenario is where i have got three different populations (child, teen &adult) where they have their corresponding text data that need to be shown in textbox similar to the shown above. How can i achieve it with using the same bookmarks?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.