Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjmar025
Helper I
Helper I

Deselect field when drilling up?

Hello,

I have a dashboard with a bar chart that has a date heirarchy for its axis. The starting point is quarter and I give the end user the ability to drill up to year to see the same measure aggregated for the full year.

This is my problem - I have quarter as a slicer at the top of the dashboard - allowing the end user to select a specific set of quarters to look at. If they were to select anything other than all 4 quarters for a specific year and drill up to year in the bar chart, the number would be wrong and they may not know it.

Is there any way to remedy this? I was thinking it would be nice if I could automatically deselect a specific field when the drill up button was selected but I don't think this is possible. Just looking for suggestions from people who may have found themselves in a similar situation.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@mjmar025

It's not possbile to deselect the Quarter selection automatically when you drill up to Year level in your bar chart. It will always keep Quarter selection to filter data on bars. 

And it doesn't make sense the have the slicer behave like this. You can imagine that the slicer is automatically cleared once you drill up/down, it will be quite a terrible user experience. The end users should always realise that the data on bar is kept with filter when the slicer is selected.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@mjmar025

It's not possbile to deselect the Quarter selection automatically when you drill up to Year level in your bar chart. It will always keep Quarter selection to filter data on bars. 

And it doesn't make sense the have the slicer behave like this. You can imagine that the slicer is automatically cleared once you drill up/down, it will be quite a terrible user experience. The end users should always realise that the data on bar is kept with filter when the slicer is selected.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.