Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Description column showing values on line header only

Hello everyone,

I'm starting at this world of BI and doing my first report at PowerBI Desktop for my Organization.
This report consists in a matrix table, wich has a lot of columns and rows but the most important ones are the Project name row with drill down for Tasks name row, and a column showing the Project's Description.
PowerBI fórum 1.png

This is how the table looks like now:
PowerBI fórum 2.png

And this is how i want it to look like (made it on Microsoft Paint):

PowerBI fórum 3.png

What i need is to show the project's description only at the line header when i do the drill down showing the project's tasks. I've tried everything but only got the description being showed at every line, repeatedly at Project's name and every Task's name.
Anyone know how to solve this?
Just to know: "Projeto" and "Tarefas" at visualization tab are equal to "Project name" and "Tasks name".

I'm sorry if my english haven't make things clear, it's not my primary language.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all, We suggest you to delete any Confidential Information in your screenshot (such as project name and description) in this public forum as soon as possible.

we can create a measure to show the description and keep the row subtotal option on to meet your requirement.

Description = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table2'[Task]),BLANK(),MAX('Table2'[Describe]))

23.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all, We suggest you to delete any Confidential Information in your screenshot (such as project name and description) in this public forum as soon as possible.

we can create a measure to show the description and keep the row subtotal option on to meet your requirement.

Description = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table2'[Task]),BLANK(),MAX('Table2'[Describe]))

23.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous in format pane,  under row headers, turn step layout off

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @parry2k ,

I did but still getting repeated description for each tasks. Should have a option to show description only at row headers

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result using measure in my original post?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, my post got marked as Spam because i edited a couple of times to black out the personal infos, so i couldnt answer properly.
Your measure have solved the problem!

And i am so grateful for this, i was getting so annoyed because of this problem.

I did exactly as you said, created a new measure and turned on the head row option and it worked fine!

Thanks so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.