Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rar4010
Frequent Visitor

Description column on slicer?

Hi Folks,

I have a slicer to select AccountID for some budget analysis, but it only displays the AccountID. It would be more useful if the dropdown would also display the AccountDescription so the users would know what account they are selecting. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rar4010,

If I understand you correctly, you can add a calculate column to combine AccountID and AccountDescription, then use the combined column as Slicer on the report in this scenario. The formula below to create the calculate column if for your reference. Smiley Happy

Account ID and Description = 'Table1'[AccountID] & "-" & 'Table1'[AccountDescription]

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rar4010,

If I understand you correctly, you can add a calculate column to combine AccountID and AccountDescription, then use the combined column as Slicer on the report in this scenario. The formula below to create the calculate column if for your reference. Smiley Happy

Account ID and Description = 'Table1'[AccountID] & "-" & 'Table1'[AccountDescription]

Regards

v-ljeer-msft; Brilliant and simple...not sure why that didn't occur to me. Thanks so much!

Hi @rar4010,

Great to hear the problem got resolved. Could you accept my reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

I had tried to Accept the solution yesterday but there was a java script issue...works today! Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.