Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YongJiang
Helper II
Helper II

Descending order for filter not working

Hi there,

I need to sort a small set of number used in a filter by descending order (from 2020 to 2000). I did it successfully a few months ago on an old version of power bi, by going to the sorting column on the Modelling tab (I think). I don't know if it is because of the new version i am using now or something, i simly cannot get the desending order now. The numbers keep staying in ascending order (from 2000 to 2020) even if i have gone through the process - editing query, sorting the column by descending order (on the home tab now).

My data was imported with a previous version of power bi but the filter i want to have now is a new design in the new version of power bi. But I hope my inability to get the order right has nothing to do with the version.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@YongJiang , where are you doing this.  I doubt it has to do with the version.

On three dots you have the option to do sort descending.  If it on a column of the matrix then it will sort ascending. You need create a sort column make it sort descending

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@YongJiang , where are you doing this.  I doubt it has to do with the version.

On three dots you have the option to do sort descending.  If it on a column of the matrix then it will sort ascending. You need create a sort column make it sort descending

Thank you so much Amitchandak--

What a beautiful solution. It works by clicking the three dots.

Have a nice day!

Yong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.