Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GJA
Helper II
Helper II

Deploy common model to multiple reports

Hi everybody !

I have a common report that I must deploy in different countries. Each country report will have some specifities but will be based on the common report.

1 - Based on a database I made some transformations with power query (M).

2 - I created some measures with DAX

3 - I designed the pages of the common report.

I thought about a process in order to deploy evolutions or corrections :

1 - Copy the query (with advanced query editor) of the common report and past it on the deployed report

2 - Do the same with the DAX formulas (copy and past)

3 - Publish the deploied report

I think this process will be very time consuming (for 10 or more deployments) and I am asking for advises in order to take the best approach.

Thank you !

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @GJA ,

Did you try using Row-Level-Security at country level? For details on this refer following:

https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi

You can use a single dashboard to distribute in multiple countries. RLS allows you to achive this.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GJA , You can use a power bi file as a source in new versions. This means we can use the data model of a Power Bi file and create visuals on top of it.

Once you publish a Power BI file, you will be able to see that in your power bi datasets.

This will not share visuals. But power Bi allows you copy-paste of visual across files. Select all visual in a page and copy in another file, if needed

Thank you.

The power bi file as source looks like a good idea. I'll test it and tell you. 

@amitchandak , @Pragati11 

A combination of both solutions solved my problem. 

1 - I publish a data model (pbix file) with row security level

2 - I create a report based on the data model

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.