Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fronza

Deploy Power BI Desktop by SCCM

Hello everyone
I am creating a package to a Power BI Desktop deployment, through SCCM 2012 R2 SP1,
using the .msi file which I downloaded. The package are: PBIDesktop.msi and PBIDesktop_x64.msi, the command being passed ( "C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ msiexec.exe" / i "PBIDesktop_x64.msi" / qn with user context) however is giving an internal error 1603
I wonder if the Power BI Desktop package supports this through installation of SCCM?
Someone would have any idea about it or someone has already made a through deployment of SCCM?

ErrorPowerBI.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fronza,

To deploy the Power BI Desktop by SCCM, I would suggest you use Applications mode. In your scenario, please check if the Installation behavior is set as "Install for user". And check if the command is correct like below:

L_43A4.tmp - Copy.PNG

L_89F6.tmp.PNG

If issue persists, as the issue is more related to SCCM, I would suggest you post a new thread in SCCM forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

shawnrand

We need to modify the “installation program" command line. Add ACCEPT_EULA=1 to automatically accept the EULA during the automated installation or PowerBI will not install successfully (1603)

pbid-7.jpg

Also PowerBI does not allow installation behavior on a per user basis so use the install behavior of “install for system”

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
simchas

Hi,

Help me. I have the same error when try to deploy PBIDesktopRS_x64.msi (May-2020) via SCCM 1910.

I tryed to do all recommendation (Per user/per device and etc). 

Thanks

rtruss

anyone know the switch to disable auto  updates and update notifications during the install?  Being that this requires local admin rights (hence SCCM) users cannot update on thier own.  Or can they once installed, like Chrome does?

msiexec /i "PBIDesktop_x64.msi" /q ACCEPT_EULA=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION=1

Thanks i will have to give that a go.

shawnrand

We need to modify the “installation program" command line. Add ACCEPT_EULA=1 to automatically accept the EULA during the automated installation or PowerBI will not install successfully (1603)

pbid-7.jpg

Also PowerBI does not allow installation behavior on a per user basis so use the install behavior of “install for system”

Thank you, It all worked out in my tests.

it could solve it, I can not deploy by systemcenter

it could solve it, I can not deploy by systemcenter

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fronza,

To deploy the Power BI Desktop by SCCM, I would suggest you use Applications mode. In your scenario, please check if the Installation behavior is set as "Install for user". And check if the command is correct like below:

L_43A4.tmp - Copy.PNG

L_89F6.tmp.PNG

If issue persists, as the issue is more related to SCCM, I would suggest you post a new thread in SCCM forum to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply, I will test.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.