Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gtamir
Post Patron
Post Patron

Density Label BUG?

Hi, Density Label is 100% but some bars do not show a value. 

Is this a bug and how to report?

GioraScreenHunter_004.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, after looking at this I understand what the issue is. So, first for Label density to appear you have to set the X-Axis to Continuous. Forgot about that. So, for the labels that are not appearing you appear to have 2 use cases.

1. You have some values of 1 and the vertical height is not tall enough in order to display the 1 text in a horizontal orientation

2. You have some values that are 2 digits and the horizontal width is not wide enough in order to display the digit text in a horizontal orientation.

So, what I would recommend is to first set the data label text size to 8. Then change the Orientation to Vertical and then change the Position to Auto. This allowed me to see all of the data labels.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Strange, I can't even get Label Density to appear under Data Labels. What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

Latest book!:

Last one.

So when you go to Diagnostics you see:

2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018)

Would love to get you PBIX file so I can see this label density on my own, I can't see to get it to even show up. But I don't know what other switches and levers your pulled in your file.

Latest book!:

OK, after looking at this I understand what the issue is. So, first for Label density to appear you have to set the X-Axis to Continuous. Forgot about that. So, for the labels that are not appearing you appear to have 2 use cases.

1. You have some values of 1 and the vertical height is not tall enough in order to display the 1 text in a horizontal orientation

2. You have some values that are 2 digits and the horizontal width is not wide enough in order to display the digit text in a horizontal orientation.

So, what I would recommend is to first set the data label text size to 8. Then change the Orientation to Vertical and then change the Position to Auto. This allowed me to see all of the data labels.

Latest book!:

Thanks it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.